Internal Audit- Embed DA Securities- Senior Analyst- Bengaluru
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
Business Unit Overview
Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm's operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures. IA assists the firm's Board of Directors' Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors.
The data analytics team intends to provide analytics strategy and support for audit teams (Securities, IBD, Investment Management, Corporate (Finance, Risk, Services), and Technology teams with the objective of optimizing the audit approach and testing to focus on the areas or risks that need the most attention.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You will be expected to:
- Assist auditors in their audits by analyzing the different forms of data and providing insights from it.
- Extract data from data stores, profile data and decipher the data quality. It is important to ensure that the quality of data being used for various analytical efforts is very high.
- Work along with the business teams to develop strategic products which are of repeatable value to the department
- Build visualization analytics to present scenarios from the data; paint the big picture for management reporting on potential risks and incorporate the ability to drill down to the lowest level while doing root cause analyses
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with preference for experience in Financial Services
- Experience with Program languages such as SAS, SPSS, R and SQL.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner
- Drive and Motivation. Ability to handle multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Understanding the basics of Finance is preferred
- Knowledge of basic statistics (Time Series Analysis, Correlation, Regression) and its application to data
- Experience with any visualization tool (Spotfire, Qlikview or Tableau) will be an added advantage
- Creativity/Innovation. Ability to create new ways to improve current processes and develop solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top