MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you passionate about using data to challenge the norm? We are looking for a strong engineer to join our Core Data Analytics team where they will work closely with the audit teams to build tools and platforms that make it easier for the division to perform analytics and gain insight into the firm's control environment.
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
The Core Data Analytics team leverage their programming and data skills to build innovative solutions to data problems in Internal Audit. The team works closely with auditors to understand the pain points users have and develop data-centric products to help solve them.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work with audit teams and fellow engineers to design self-service data products that enable auditors to more efficiently and effectively work with firm data and identify potential risk
- Design and build data pipelines and backend solutions to connect firm data systems and integrate analytics solutions
- Develop strategic solutions to aggregate, analyse and visualize data using a variety of technologies
- Develop web services and web applications to make analytics solutions more accessible
- Help the division understand the tools, approaches and infrastructure available to them
- Assess data quality to understand potential of data sources, limitations or issues
- 3 years' experience working in the Engineering or Data Analytics field with preference for experience in Financial Services
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner
- Hands-on experience with Java, Python and SQL programming, preferably in Sybase IQ and DB2
- Hands-on experience applying software development practices including version control, agile/scrum, requirements definition and implementation, testing and build/deployment
- Drive and motivation with the ability to handle multiple tasks and take initiative to improve personal performance
- Experience with DevOps - deploying and running applications using Kubernetes, Gitlab CI/CD
- Knowledge of data engineering subjects and technologies such as Hadoop, Spark and SparkML
- Experience with analytical/statistical/ML programming, particularly within Python
- Knowledge of basic statistics (Time Series Analysis, Correlation, Regression) and its application to data
- Experience with any visualization tool (Spotfire, Qlikview or Tableau)
- Creativity/Innovation. Ability to create new ways to improve current processes and develop solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value