Internal Audit, Corporate Risk, New York, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
Internal Audit (IA) supports the Board of Directors' Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by independently assessing the firm's internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures.
IA is comprised of the following global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Capital Markets, Investment Management, Corporate, Enterprise, GS Bank USA, and Technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including verbal presentation skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Solid quantitative or qualitative risk assessment skills
- Control mind set
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- 10-15 years of experience in the financial services industry or a related control function
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in engineering, finance or risk management, or M.B.A. with concentration in finance
- Preferred: prior work experience in internal audit or independent validation function for quantitative or operational risks, investment banking financial or operational risk management or Big 4 risk advisory or similar
Product Specific Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of financial concepts, pricing and/or operations related to credit, interest rate, FX, equity and commodity products
- Any combination of risk management disciplines: credit risk (commercial lending or trading counter-party credit), market risk, operational risk, funding / liquidity risk
Knowledge in any of the following areas is preferred:
- Risk measurement theory (e.g., Value-at-Risk (VaR), stress testing)
- Capital adequacy related topics, including Basel Capital Accord regulatory requirements (advanced model-based and/or standardized frameworks), Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Dodd Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST)
- Controls surrounding risk governance, risk assessments, risk measurement, risk limits and monitoring, management, Board and regulatory risk reporting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top