Internal Audit, Corporate Risk, New York, Analyst/Associate
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Internal Audit (IA) supports the Board of Directors’ Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by independently assessing the firm’s internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management’s control measures.
IA is comprised of the following global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Securities, Investment Management, Corporate, GS Bank USA, and Technology.
Basic Qualifications- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including verbal presentation skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Solid quantitative or qualitative risk assessment skills
- Control mind set
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- 3-5 years of experience in within the financial services industry or a related control function
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in engineering, finance or risk management, or M.B.A. with concentration in finance
- Preferred: prior work experience in internal audit of quantitative risk, investment banking risk management or Big 4 risk advisory or similar
Preferred QualificationsProduct Specific Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of financial concepts, pricing and/or operations related to credit, interest rate, fx, equity and commodity products
- Any combination of risk management disciplines: credit risk (commercial lending or trading counterparty credit), market risk, operational risk, funding / liquidity risk
Knowledge in any of the following areas is preferred:
- Risk measurement theory (e.g., Value-at-Risk (VaR), stress testing)
- Capital adequacy related topics, including Basel Capital Accord regulatory requirements (advanced model-based and/or standardized frameworks), Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Dodd Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST)
- Controls surrounding risk governance, risk assessments, risk measurement, risk limits and monitoring, management, Board and regulatory risk reporting
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top