Internal Audit - Corporate Risk - Analyst - London
- London, United Kingdom
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation. Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm's operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in identifying risk and commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures.
Internal Audit assists the firm's Board of Directors' Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors. Internal Audit is organised into global teams of business and technology auditors:
• Securities - covers the Firm's Sales, Trading and Insurance businesses; including related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Divisional Compliance.
• Investment Banking - covers the firm's banking activities and Global Investment Research operations.
• Investment Management - covers the firm's Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
• Corporate - covers the firm's Risk Management, Finance, Corporate Governance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas as well as Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office.
• Participate in / lead planning and scoping reviews. This will involve meeting relevant stakeholders to understand and walk through the business and technology processes to identify the key risks and controls to be assessed.
• Participate in preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified.
• Assess the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and assist with production of the report to management.
• Follow up with clients on remediation of actions coming out of issues identified during audits.
• Engage in ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
• Liaise with colleagues globally to understand global processes and facilitate benchmarking of best practice.
• Establish and maintain internal client relationships and regularly interact with the business during the year to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the business.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
The Internal Audit Corporate team is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills capable of learning new business and system processes quickly. The successful candidate will work alongside an experienced team focusing on regulatory compliance and the firm's internal service activities. We require a qualified accountant or auditor with relevant financial services experience. The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
• Prior experience in auditing controls related to risk management (esp. market and credit risk) and related regulations e.g. Basel capital rules.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• An ability to work effectively across a large global audit team.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top