Internal Audit, Corporate IT Audit, Associate/Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INTERNAL AUDITIn Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES: For each assigned review you will report to an experienced project manager. You will be expected to:
- Assist the risk assessment, scoping and planning of a review.
- Assist in executing the review, specifically focusing on the following: - Design and execute tests to validate identified application system controls, which may require data analysis, code inspection and re-performance of system processes. -Analyze the design of controls around the underlying system architecture in the context of information technology controls such as security, availability and performance and their impact on the business. -Analyze the business and technology processes to evaluate the effectiveness of the relevant technology controls. -Validate that system features meet business, technology and regulatory requirements. -Validate the quality of internal SOX assessments. -Document the results of the test steps executed within the IA automated document project repository.
- Assist in the report preparation by preparing commercially effective audit conclusions and findings
- Assist in presenting the scope, progress and results of the review to internal, IT and business stakeholders.
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving IA's processes and supporting infrastructure
- Intermediate level analytical and data analysis skills (e.g., SQL, ACL, or similar tools)
- Understanding of Java, C++ or scripting languages (e.g. PERL)
- 2+ years of experience either in technology function (e.g., Developer, System Architect, DBA, System Administrator, etc.) or in a technology audit role
- 4-year degree required (Computer Science, Math, MIS preferred)
- Working knowledge of Financial Reporting, Fed. Reporting, Basel requirements & S404 controls
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Good leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CISM, CFA, Series 7) is a plus
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Prior audit experience is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of the brokerage industry, capital markets, securities products, regulations relevant to Bank Holding Companies.
- Accounting background
- Experience with: -Application security management: user entitlements, authentication, accountability, data protection -System Architecture and Design: availability, performance, scalability, data integrity -Technology Operations: change management, data backup and retention, performance and capacity management o Technology governance: technology risk management, policies and procedures, rules, regulations, intellectual property
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top