Internal Audit, Corporate - AML, New York, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world Internal Audit (IA) supports the Board of Directors' Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by independently assessing the firm's internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures.
IA is comprised of the following global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Capital Markets, Investment Management, Corporate, Enterprise, GS Bank USA, and Technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Execute audit testing and supervise junior team members to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to IA senior management and business clients
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving IA's processes and supporting infrastructure
General Skills and Experience:
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- In-depth technical knowledge of relevant product areas
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- 4-8 years of experience in a public accounting or internal audit role within the financial services industry or a related control function
- 4-year degree in a finance, accounting, or quantitative discipline, and ideally a graduate degree in a related subject
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CPA, CFA, CIA, NASD Series) is a plus
Corporate Team Specific Skills and Experience:
- Solid knowledge of investment or commercial banking control functions and risk management activities, including: Credit Risk Management; Market Risk Management; Operational Risk Management; Corporate Treasury and Liquidity Risk Management; Financial and Regulatory Reporting; Tax; Legal and Compliance; Corporate Governance; Anti-Money Laundering.
Knowledge in any of the following areas are preferred:
- Risk Measurement theory (e.g., Value-at-Risk(VaR), stress testing, potential exposure)
- Basel I / Basel II regulatory requirements, o Controls surrounding modeling, counterparty risk assessment, credit valuation adjustment, risk reporting, and risk governance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top