Internal Audit - Core Engineering Audit - Analyst - Warsaw
- Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation. Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm's operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in identifying risk and commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures. IA assists the firm's Board of Directors Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors. Internal Audit is organised into global teams of business and technology auditors:
- Global Markets - covers the Firm's Sales, Trading and Insurance businesses; including related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Divisional Compliance.
- Investment Banking - covers the firm's banking activities and Global Investment Research operations.
- Investment Management - covers the firm's Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
- Corporate - covers the firm's Risk Management, Finance, Corporate Governance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas as well as Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office.
- Platform Engineering - covers the firm's core technology infrastructure and software development lifecycle control groups
- Technology Risk & Cybersecurity - covers firm-wide technology risk, including information and cyber security, business resilience, technology governance and vendor technology risk management
For each assigned review you will report to an experienced audit manager. You will be expected to:
- Assist / Lead the risk assessment, scoping and planning of a review.
- Assist / Lead in executing the review. Specifically focusing on the following:
- Design and execute tests to validate identified application system controls, which may require data analysis, code inspection and re-performance of system processes.
- Analyse the design of controls around the underlying system architecture in the context of information technology controls such as security, availability and performance and their impact on business-aligned technology groups.
- Analyse the business and technology processes to evaluate the effectiveness of the relevant technology controls.
- Validate that system features meet business, technology and regulatory requirements.
- Validate the quality of internal SOX assessments.
- Document the results of the test steps executed within the IA automated document project repository.
- Assist/Lead in the report preparation
- Assist/Lead in presenting the scope, progress and results of the review to internal, technology and business stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years work experience, with 1 year minimum auditing experience
- Possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering or equivalent
- Technology skills including:
- Deep understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems, experience of batch scripting and executing standard commands
- Internet infrastructure design and installation and support of network devices and firewalls
- Cloud computing concepts, technologies, risks and mitigating controls
- Systems and security administration and configuration of servers and desktops (UNIX, Windows, directory services etc.)
- Security risks related to web, mobile, web services, and client/server architectures
- Encryption schemes (symmetric, asymmetric, and hashing) and how they may be applied in an application architecture
- Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing methodologies and processes for web, thick client and mobile applications
- Experience with Splunk and/or other SIEM platforms would be useful but not required
- Threat modelling, intelligence and incident response
- Management, monitoring and operations of technology (backups, change management, system monitoring, incident/problem Management)
- Business continuity planning and disaster recovery design and implementation
- Security within the software development lifecycle
- Relevant technology standards and regulations - NIST Cyber Security Framework, FFIEC CAT, ISO 27001, GDPR, NYSDFS, data privacy rules, FFIEC IT handbooks etc.
- Data and log analysis (using SQL and Splunk) and visualisation (using Spotfire, Tableau, QlikView or other) would be useful but not required
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (CISA, CISSP, CISM, etc.) useful but not required
- Ability to work effectively across a large audit team, understanding the team's role in the overall strategy of the firm
- Written and verbal communication skills a must; strong interpersonal skills essential. Job requires frequent interaction with technology management
- Must be able to multitask while managing both time and work load
- Must be highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top