Internal Audit, Compliance & Legal, Vice President - New York
- New York, NY
As the third line of defense, Internal Audit's (IA) mission is to independently assess the firm's overall control environment, including the firm's governance processes and controls, and risk management and capital and anti-financial crime frameworks. In doing so, IA:
- Communicates and reports on the effectiveness of the firm's governance, risk management and controls that mitigate current and evolving risk
- Raise awareness of control risk
- Assesses the firm's control culture and conduct risks; and
- Monitors management's implementation of control measures
The Compliance and Legal team in New York is responsible for Global audits related to core Compliance processes including Financial Crime controls (AML, Anti-Bribery, Sanctions).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
Compliance and Legal Audit Team Specific Skills and Experience:
- Approximately 7 years of experience in internal audit or compliance
- Strong knowledge and expertise in auditing Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), financial crime risks and corporate legal functions
- Strong understanding of compliance program components, risk and control processes
- Understanding of internal audit processes as related to a large financial institution
General Skills and Experience:
- Project management experience, including oversight and leadership of junior staff
- Highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment, and to regularly present to senior leadership
- Accurate, accountable and able to multitask while managing both time and work load
- Approximately 7 years of experience as an internal auditor, consultant, and/or regulatory agency examiner within the financial services industry
- 4-year degree in a finance, accounting, or quantitative discipline, and ideally a graduate degree in a related subject; advanced degree (e.g. JD) is a plus
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CAMS, CIA) is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top