Internal Audit - Banking Tech - Analyst - Warsaw
- Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
For each assigned review you will report to an experienced project manager. You will be expected to:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of Investment Banking, Merchant Banking, Transaction Banking and Global Investment Research business areas, its products, and supporting functions.
- Assist the risk assessment, scoping and planning of a review.
- Assist in executing the review. Specifically focusing on the following:
- Design and execute tests to validate identified application system controls, which may require data analysis, code inspection and re-performance of system processes.
- Analyze the design of controls around the underlying system architecture in the context of information technology controls such as security, availability and performance and their impact on the business.
- Analyze the business and technology processes to evaluate the effectiveness of the relevant technology controls.
- Validate that system features meet business, technology and regulatory requirements.
- Validate the quality of internal SOX assessments.
- Document the results of the test steps executed within the IA automated document project repository.
- Assist in the report preparation by preparing commercially effective audit conclusions and findings
- Assist in presenting the scope, progress and results of the review to internal, IT and business stakeholders.
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving IA's processes and supporting infrastructure
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technology, business and market trends
- University degree required (Computer Science, Math, MIS preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience in a technology audit role or relevant experience
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Good leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills. Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to c ommunicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and share information/new ideas with others
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment.
- T akes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge
- Solid analytical skills
- Application security management: user entitlements, authentication, accountability, data protection
- System Architecture and Design: availability, performance, scalability, data integrity
- Technology Operations: change management, data backup and retention, performance and capacity management
- Technology governance: technology risk management, policies and procedures, rules, regulations, intellectual property
- Understanding of Java, C++ or scripting languages (e.g. PERL)
- Intermediate level analytical and data analysis skills (e.g., SQL, Python or similar tools)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top