Infrastructure Tools SME - Core Engineering (VP)
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Core Engineering provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience.
Goldman Sachs is looking for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Manager / Project Manager with broad hands on technical experience across infrastructure support within large global financial institution to join our Core Engineering team.
As part of the Core Engineering team (infrastructure) the initial focus will be to work on an multi-year remediation project entailing reviewing the infrastructure support tools which are currently being used globally by infrastructure teams across all technologies (Unix, windows, middle-ware, dba, email, networks, storage etc.) which do not have ability to define scope and restrict access to subsets of the Goldman Sachs environment. Work with the tools product owners to develop and implement remediation plans to enable the tools to be used by specific groups of people to specific groups of infrastructure and restrict access from business data.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Deliver detailed project business and technology impact analysis.
- Contribute to analysis and decision-making of strategic functional architecture objectives in respect to tool remediation
- Manage complex projects from inception to implementation
- Gain global commitment through work prioritization and oversee/manage the work of others performing these tasks
Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
- Understanding and experience of project management from initiation to implementation (risk / issue management, project)
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows & designs of Core Engineering products, and excellent attention to details
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure/Tooling and appreciation for technology change within financial services
- Deep understanding of managing partitioning of entitlements across multiple support infrastructure tool sets
- Understanding of the control options for privileged access accounts across Unix, windows, middleware networks and storage.
- Experience with regulatory response & risk engagements in China is highly preferred
- The ability to critically examine current processes in order to propose and develop functional improvements
- Ability to formulate conversion and test plans
- Software development experiences a plus but not essential
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to communicate with senior business unit managers and direct reports
- Ability to elicit business knowledge and quickly understand their needs and concerns
- Highly motivated and interested in following up on detailed business or technical issues
- Confidence & Influence - someone who shows the potential to influence and motivate others
- Willing to support and influence application teams from project inception to completion
- Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that have practical value
- In-depth knowledge of the FI business preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin preferred but not required
- Experience working on migrations to new IAM (Identity and Access Management) infrastructure & entitlement management
- Experience working in the area of SRE (Site Reliability Engineering)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top