Infrastructure Engineer - CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs Engineering
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Fulfilling your Potential
- You are energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- You will collaborate with our customers (other developers) to understand their needs and ensure our team works on the right things
- You will enhance our cloud-based development environment , which uses Cloud Foundry for microservices and AWS Lambda for serverless compute to provide every developer with the environments and workflows they need to create and develop their services
- You will conceive our next-generation continuous-integration and continuous delivery systems
- You will write tools to provide fast, stable builds and tests across our entire tech stack
- You will update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices, and software runbooks
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of experience working with Java APIs
- Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures background
- Proficiency in building scalable, maintainable, high-performance software
- Proficient in coding and scripting languages such as Java, Python, Bash
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish trusted partnerships with product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Comfort with agile operating models
- Experience with developing tools, libraries and frameworks
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure and containers (AWS, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with microservice architecture
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top