IMD Trade Management Analyst - London
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to be a part of a team that is at the forefront in solving for challenges brought on by regulatory changes impacting the financial industry? Collateral requirements have never seen change to the level it has in recent years, and our Collateral Management team is leading the charge to ensure we have a best in class organization. The spotlight on collateral has the focus of senior management across the firm, allowing for a professional seeking to collaborate with several internal teams and external counterparties to ensure we mitigate client counterparty risk in the most efficient way possible.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is part of the Investment Management Division of the firm. GSAM Operations provides service delivery and risk management in order to create a rigorous control environment for the investment management process. It consists of three broad functional areas, Portfolio Data & Control, Client Management, and Trade Management. The Collateral Management team resides within the Trade Management umbrella, and is responsible for mitigating our client's counterparty risk across multiple asset classes by actively monitoring and instructing collateral.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Manage collateral and counterparty exposures across multiple product classes and various regulations
- Grow with the team, and demonstrate your strong technical and market knowledge of derivatives
- Provide project management leadership and/or support for new and existing products and processes, with an emphasis on partnering with technology and other subject matter experts
- Build relationships with outside financial institutions (brokers, custodians, prime brokers and fund administrators) to improve the quality and productivity of work by integrating best practices as appropriate
- Provide and analyse data points and metrics highlighting risks, volumes, and trends on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Proactively identify opportunities and enhancements to improve functions
- Utilize problem solving capability for complex market and settlement issues
- Liaise with traders and brokers to ensure efficient settlement of trading activity
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Active interest in financial services and Operations
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to tailor communication of complex issues to specific audiences
- Minimum of one year of asset management or middle office experience, with broker and/or client facing interaction
- Knowledge of collateral
- Experience/solid understanding of bilateral, listed, and/or cleared derivatives and the role that collateral plays
- In-depth understanding of how Operations supports the business, how risk is managed, and how controls operate
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top