IMD Technology - PWM Technology - PWM Web/UI Developer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
PWM is looking for experienced and talented UI/Web developers to join our Data Engineering team. You'll work as part of a high-energy team delivering incredible, state-of-the-art UI for our Data products. You'll collaborate with other teams & developers, gather usage inputs, discuss and select the best technology stack (such as React+Redux or Angular5) and develop UIs following the Firm's SDLC practices. Over time, you'll become the resident UI expert within Data Engineering.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
• A deep understanding of how Angular and React work
• Pick up an existing codebase, build it, run it in a local container and understand how it works.
• Understand how UIs interact with backend services
• Be comfortable prototyping RESTful services and integrate them with UI
• Talk to users, other teams and gather requirements
• Propose UI design, justifying the use of modern frameworks with reasons
• Code the UI and accompanying test cases.
• At-least 3 years' experience as a Web developer, with demonstrable experience in modern UI development.
• Solid experience in Angular and ReactJS
• Sound knowledge of modern UI frameworks, libraries & toolkits for design-time, development-time, build-time and deployment-time activities.
• Exposure/Experience in charting ,HTTP2, Websockets, MQTT, Visualization techniques.
• Be able to write awesome UI test cases to make your code bullet-proof.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Build effective UI and Web interfaces for PWM's Data products. The person will start as a developer and grow into lead roles
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Exposure to UX patterns
• Experience with Mongo, Tomcat and Elastic search
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top