IMD Technology - PWM Technology - Ayco Engineering
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
This role is the Vice President who reports directly to the CTO/SVP within Ayco Technology. This role is designed to be the successor to the CTO. The VP will be responsible for ensuring project execution, quality development, cultivating relationships with stakeholders, and holding technology associates accountable.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• • Gain deep insight into business needs, and foster the definition of a macro-level vision and associated strategy.
• • Act is a focal point for Technology Group engagement with regard to critical business initiatives.
• • Ensure product roadmaps meaningfully advance the realization of the organization's technology vision.
• • Facilitate the ongoing maintenance of broad product team resource planning and utilization; effectively apply team member availability across product teams as appropriate.
• • Drive holistic business process thinking across the organization; engage senior leadership in "One Ayco" dialogue to drive the creation and adoption of broadly applicable products.
• • Continuously refine work prioritization models that can effectively operate in a complex, large scale environment in concert with Product Management efforts.
• • Proactively seek out opportunities for product innovation (both in terms of features and underlying technologies).
• • Lead the ongoing evolution of standard operating procedures; drive, as well as audit, team adherence to established practices. This is inclusive of product, project, and development lifecycle standards, as well as more operationally oriented standards such as support processes.
• • Build and cultivate relationships with senior product stakeholders at Ayco and Goldman Sachs.
• • Ensure team practices are consistent with functional group standards and best practices (i.e., QA, DevOps, Business Analysis, Product Management, Project Management, and Tech Risk).
• • Continually grow skillset by seeking out cross-training and knowledge advancement opportunities.
• • Lead ROI reviews to provide financial transparency into costs / benefits of product development efforts.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• • Prior experience managing a technology group of 30 or more team members.
• • Demonstrated build-out of process discipline with a technology lifecycle (SDLC, PDLC, ITIL)
• • Strong understanding of the overall business space the product suite addresses, and the ability to dig in and continuously build expertise in this area.
• • Familiarity with at least one major product management framework.
• • Highly developed strategic thinking capabilities.
• • Experience in managing multiple major projects from inception to completion, preferably in an enterprise setting with complex resourcing models.
• • Prior "hands-on" technical experience is required.
• • Agile development experience is preferred.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top