IMD Technology - PWM Ayco Technology - Java Software Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Private Wealth Management (PWM) business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a large range of asset classes for high net worth individuals. PWM leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to onboard clients. Our software helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
The Ayco Business Unit Engineering Teams need to onboard additional FTE Software Engineers so that we are able to meet all strategic project deadlines and reduce technical debt.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work as part of a cross-functional team to understand business needs and requirements.
• Design and develop software to meet business objectives.
• Assist in providing estimates for software development work.
• Follow standard software development guidelines and best practices.
• Create and maintain test plans, documentation and automated testing routines for all technical changes.
• Grow technical skillset by seeking out cross-training and knowledge advancement opportunities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Computer Science along with 3 - 5 years of experience
• Experience with Java or other relevant Object Oriented development language.
• Web development experience with HTML5, CSS3.
• Experience writing SQL queries.
• Basic knowledge of XML and JSON.
• Source Control Management systems (i.e., SVN, Git).
• An understanding of common application architecture design patterns (i.e., MVC, MVVM).
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top