IMD Technology - GSAM Technology - Global Portfolio Solutions - Portfolio construction software engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world's leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions managing more than One Trillion US Dollars on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the
business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment.
GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Global Portfolio Solutions is a multi-asset class portfolio manager group that works very closely with our largest institutions to model and allocate investments to strategic asset allocation targets. As part of this the GPS technology team is closely aligned to build the platform required to scale the business while enabling client flexibility.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Global Portfolio Solutions is a multi-asset class portfolio manager group that works very closely with our largest institutions to model and allocate investments to strategic asset allocation targets. As part of this the GPS technology team is closely aligned to build the platform required to scale the business while enabling client flexibility. Numerous projects are already underway including expanding trading capabilities, analytic al reporting and business process modeling
- Software developer on critical projects to integrate and automate cross asset class trading systems, across business areas with GSAM
- Involvement in full software project lifecycle: analysis, technical design, development, testing, release, support
- Build partnerships with senior business and technology clients to understand business requirements, propose creative solutions and build maintainable systems
- Opportunity for close engagement with intricate multi-function business as well as to learn the Investment Management business and interact with business functions and technology teams across IMD
• - Strong core capability in functional and/or OO programming languages; JAVA, C#, Perl, Python, Excellence in at least on of the above
- Experience of technology architectures and software development lifecycle best practices, including test driven and agile methodologies
- Strong problem solving and engineering/analytical skills, fast learner
- Strong communication and consensus building skills, comfortable working
- Hands-on, demonstrates taking ownership of issues to ensure successful conclusion
- Experience of partnering clients to deliver benefit to the business
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top