IMD - QIS Strats
What We Do
The Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) group, an area within GSAM which focuses on quantitative portfolio management strategies in global markets, is currently recruiting highly qualified analyst and associate candidates. QIS employs a diversified set of investment strategies to manage client assets. We are a market leader in portfolio management, global tactical asset allocation, and tax-aware strategies.
Within QIS, strategists develop quantitative models, methods and analytical tools for the construction and management of client portfolios and mutual funds. As such, the tools strategists develop need to be robust, accurate and allow scalable, widespread use. Strategist team members will assume responsibility for the portfolio management and analytics platform, and are given ample opportunity to provide creative solutions and develop novel analysis methods. Daily interactions with portfolio managers and researchers require an ability to communicate clearly about complex financial, business and mathematical concepts.
As a member of the QIS Strats team, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining a world-class, high-performance investment management platform
- Developing efficient, robust quantitative research and portfolio management tools that can be leveraged across different investment teams
- Developing rigorous and scalable data management/analysis tools to support the data-intensive quantitative investment process
- Conducting research in quantitative investment models and portfolio construction techniques; deliver presentations on research conducted
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Key responsibilities will include developing models to evaluate cost of inventory and financing, building and maintaining securities lending trading, profit and loss estimation and risk management platforms; optimizing inventory; building tools for traders and senior management to visualize reports.
Who We Look For
The QIS group is looking for highly motivated individuals who have strong quantitative skills as well as a solid background in economics, finance, mathematics, computer science, or other quantitative disciplines to join the team as a Strategist.
- Meaningful analytical and problem solving skills, with a degree in a quantitative discipline
- Programming expertise; ability to transform concepts and ideas into robust software
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to manage complex processes, along with the judgment to balance risk/benefit tradeoffs
- Familiarity with financial markets and quantitative investment approaches
- High degree of motivation and commitment
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment
- An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- Prior experience in developing algorithmically complex C/C++/Java applications
- Knowledge of modern software design for managing and exploring very large datasets
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques such as NLP, K means clustering, Neural Networks etc.
Who We Are
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top