IMD, PWM, Trust Services, Trust Officer, Vice President
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for helping families achieve their long-term financial goals, the desire to work closely with top fiduciary, tax and wealth management professionals, and the ability to think outside the box? Our Trust Officers (TO) administer trusts, estates and other fiduciary accounts for high net worth clients of Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management. We are seeking professionals who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication and organization skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and corporate fiduciary services.
The Goldman Sachs Trust Company (GSTC) is an integral part of the Goldman Sachs private client experience. We offer an innovative approach to fiduciary administration resulting from the effective integration of Goldman Sachs capabilities. Our fiduciary professionals coordinate with Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Advisors to deliver a superior experience for our clients, while adhering to our responsibilities as a fiduciary.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Administer a book of fiduciary accounts, including trusts and estates, while maintaining the highest service and fiduciary standards
- Interpret and understand the will, trust and related documents governing each account, using as a resource senior staff, and internal and external counsel as necessary
- Prepare account regulatory reviews and discretionary distribution requests
- Coordinate and oversee tax preparation on accounts with our tax compliance service provider
- Coordinate the investment process with Trust Company investment officers and Private Wealth Advisors
- Coordinate client management with the primary relationship manager (Private Wealth Advisor)
- Coordinate the management of special assets held in fiduciary accounts, including real estate, closely-held business interests and artwork
- Attend client conference calls and meetings
- Participate in internal and external marketing efforts
- Interact with client attorneys and advisors
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Florida and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach. The Trust Company has offices in New York, Wilmington, Delaware and Miami. The TO position is for our New York office.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3 - 5+ years of experience administering trusts and/or estates
- College degree required
- Law degree a strong plus
- CTFA designation a plus
- Understanding of "Regulation 9" requirements and core concepts affecting fiduciary administration helpful
- Understanding of core concepts of estate planning helpful
- Basic understanding of the fiduciary investment process helpful
- Familiarity with fiduciary oversight of special assets a plus
- Strong team orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, yet collaborative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top