IMD, PWM Strategist, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisor's who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
PWM is looking for a Strategist to join the team. Strategists in PWM use their quantitative techniques and industry knowledge to help our asset management and private lending business. Projects typically span multiple asset classes and products and entail extensive interaction with the division's clients, portfolio managers, risk managers, marketers, salespeople and senior management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Working closely with portfolio managers and traders to build quantitative models and tools to streamline their trading and portfolio management process
- Designing and producing customized client-facing performance reporting, scenario analytics, and marketing materials
- Using machine learning and other quantitative techniques to identify new business and client opportunities
- Working closely with the Private Bank lending business to provide analytics, tools, and models for valuation and risk management
- Performing liquidity modeling, managing asset-liability risk, and building stress tests to help manage a large balance sheet that includes deposits, mortgages, loans and derivative hedges
- Developing and maintaining risk management tools across multiple asset classes for senior management, portfolio managers, and traders
- Building and maintaining infrastructure of Strategists' analytical systems
- Strong communications skills are essential - Strong background in a quantitative discipline - Programming skills and/or math background are required - Intelligence, creativity, and problem-solving skills - A self-starter, should have ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top