IMD, PWM, Regional Management Team, Analyst/Associate - Boston
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you a strategic thinker with a strong work ethic, desire to work within a growing global business, and ability to think outside the box? Analysts/Associates on the Boston PWM Management Team will gain exposure and access to senior managers in PWM, build expertise in business analysis and project management/execution, and develop a deeper understanding of the PWM business on a macro level. The team is seeking a candidate who has the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and passion for working with others are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
Analysts/Associates on the PWM Management Team have a unique opportunity to work directly with senior management on the development and implementation of strategic and tactical initiatives that drive one of the firm's core businesses. You will be a key liaison for Regional Management Teams, Private Wealth Advisors, and many other business enablers in daily business operations. The position requires deep analytical abilities complemented by strong interpersonal skills in providing solutions to complex macro and micro issues in the PWM business.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support the Boston PWM Region Head and Business Unit Manager in managerial initiatives and oversight of the PWM business
- Work closely with PWM teams on a variety of issues, including business metric reporting and forecasting, office and team level productivity reviews, fee pricing, new business coordination, organizational planning and client analytics
- Facilitate and manage cross-functional efforts on a variety of strategic initiatives and special projects related to business profitability, growth, and operations with business partners in Human Capital Management, Commission Accounting, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Finance,and Technology divisions
- Create annual strategy and performance targets and track business metrics for New Englang regionAssist PWM teams with strategically optimizing effectiveness and efficiency through best practice sharing and business planning strategy, and other managerial issues
- Gain exposure and access to senior managers in PWM
- Think strategically and develop a deeper understanding of the PWM Business on a macro level
- Build expertise in business analysis and project management/execution
- Potential for long-term career development
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Self-starter who takes ownership and can lead/manage projects independently; confidence to work closely with senior management
- Highly organized and process oriented with strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Strategic thinker and outstanding analytical skills; ability to work with detailed financial or other data and understand and communicate commercial implications
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Results-oriented; ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, handling multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Retain good judgment and discretion, particularly when placed in demanding situations
- Prior PWM team experience or experience in the private wealth high net worth area strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Series 7 must be obtained within 6 months of employment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top