IMD, PWM, Municipal Credit Team, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
The PWM Municipal Credit Team provides fundamental credit analysis and risk oversight for separately managed account clients through PWM Centrally Managed Municipals ("CMM"), PWM Desktop Advisory and Ayco Asset Management ("AAM") business lines. The Credit Analyst will work in a high energy environment on a team that interfaces with Portfolio Managers and Sales Traders to manage advisory and brokerage municipal securities accounts for high net worth families.
The Analyst will be responsible for maintaining data sets, performing surveillance functions, reviewing potential purchases of municipal securities and developing marketing materials. Assignments will include supporting CMM and AAM with managing approximately $41 billion in assets on a combined basis. The PWM Municipal Credit Team is looking for a detail-oriented and hard-working individual intrested in learning the nuances of municipal fixed income, in addition to strong analytic, technical, inter-personal and presentation skills.
- Perform credit reviews of municipal bonds issued by entities from around the country
- Daily review of posted Material Event Notices ("MEN") regarding municipal securities
- Identify MENs impacting client holdings and initiating work-flows to inform clients
- Aggregate financial information on municipal issuers from Bloomberg data and audited financial statements
- Maintain a database of reviewed municipal securities
- Assist in preparation of client presentations, marketing materials and risk reports
- BA/BS degree
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, transaction-oriented environment
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Ability to read complex documentation quickly and efficiently
- Strong combination of organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of varied backgrounds, personalities and levels of seniority
- Familiarity with accounting standards, beneficial if some familiarity with Governmental Accounting ("GASB")
- Series 7, 52 and 66 preferred but not required
- Required – Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top