IMD, PWM, Investment Strategy Group - Associate
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for designing quantitative investment strategies for clients? We are seeking an Associate who can contribute to the research, design and customization of cutting-edge investment strategies across global asset classes within a team environment.
The Strategic and Quantitative Asset Allocation team within the Goldman Sachs Investment Strategy Group (ISG) is seeking an Associate to contribute to the research, design and implementation of systematic investment strategies across global asset classes. ISG is situated within the firm's Private Wealth Management business and has responsibility for strategic and tactical asset allocation views and advice for the firm's ultra-high net worth clients and certain institutions. This is a dynamic role that requires creativity, quantitative rigor and ability to conduct independent investment research. Impeccable attention to detail, as well as strong inter-personal, team-work and communication skills, is also a must.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Contribute to the research, design and implementation of systematic investment strategies
- Conduct quantitative research utilizing market and macroeconomic data
- Implement strategy backtests and simulations
- Demonstrate strong analytical and technical skills
- Deliver timely, thoughtful, and flawless execution of projects
- Interact with the firm's current and prospective clients
- Demonstrate a keen interest in understanding financial markets
- Desire a long-term career in Investment Management
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our business spans the globe
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- PhD. degree (U.S. or equivalent) in a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or Computer Science.
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Fluent programming in Python, Matlab, R or a related language
- Empirical research of large and heterogeneous datasets and familiarity with cutting-edge machine learning techniques
- Ability to implement quantitative financial models and techniques (asset pricing, optimization, simulations)
- Knowledge of global asset classes and investment instruments
- Excellent communication skills; especially the ability to explain complex technical concepts and quantitative investment management topics in simple terms
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion to engage with clients
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Collaborative and team-work oriented
- Independent, logical, and critical thinking, with the desire to think outside of the box
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses (must obtain within the first 3 months)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top