IMD, PWM, Investment Strategies Group - Portfolio Management Group, Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Do you have passion for the financial markets, the desire to work closely with clients, and the ability to think outside the box? We are seeking an Analyst who can provide support in managing multiple asset class discretionary mandates.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services. The Portfolio Management Group (PMG) is a dedicated and experienced team that is responsible for managing multi-asset class discretionary mandates primarily for institutional clients. This team brings together the independent investment strategy of the Investment Strategy Group (ISG), a rigorous investment process and a broad range of implementation options, enabling them to construct risk-focused portfolios designed specially for each client's unique considerations. PMG is seeking an Analyst who can provide portfolio/relationship management support to Private Wealth Management (PWM) teams by focusing on client service, serving as a key liaison to Private Wealth Advisors, and assisting in managing the investment process. The individual will be a main point of contact for PWM teams with respect to supporting new business solicitations, liaising with legal in supporting the negotiation of investment management agreements, and managing general on-going client needs. Responsibilities will include assisting portfolio management, trade support, creation/management of marketing materials, on-going / ad hoc reporting requests, and other client support functions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support PMG / clients' advisors in an effort to serve client needs
- Assist in managing portfolio implementations, on-boarding discussions, and changes to investment management agreements
- Assist on projects related to new business development and team strategic planning
- Serve as a key liaison to other areas supporting the PMG business including Legal, Compliance, and Technology
- Manage generation and presentation of client reports including quarterly reviews, performance attribution, and other ad hoc requests
- Execute, process, and reconcile trading and other investment related transactions.
- Analyze and reconcile team's business
- Lead or participate in efforts to improve efficiencies
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
- The US Portfolio Management Group business covers clients located throughout the United States
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent)
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of financial markets
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills and a passion to engage with clients
- Attention to detail, patience, and demonstrated ability to multi-task under pressure
- Creative thinker
- Collaborative and team work oriented
- Proficiency in Windows Technology
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses (must obtain within the first 3 months)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top