IMD, PWM, GS Family Office, VP, San Francisco
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
GS Family Office (GSFO) works in coordination with PWM professionals to develop strong ties with clients to deliver a full suite of family office services. GSFO is in search of a Vice President to develop innovative wealth planning strategies and provide family office services to assist clients in meeting their income tax, estate tax, philanthropic and financial planning goals . We are looking for a hard-working and client-friendly individual with a strong interest in coordinating all financial aspects for our most strategic clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Act as the primary client contact for all Family Office services across a dedicated book for PWMs most strategic clients
- Oversee and manage all non-investment related aspects of the client, including, but not limited to estates and trusts, real estate, financial holdings
- Advise individuals and families on all aspects of the transmission of wealth, including tax-efficient estate planning structures, sophisticated lifetime gifting strategies, the transfer of closely held businesses, charitable giving and the administration and restructuring of trusts.
- Formalize financial goals and put into action a plan to achieve those goals.
- Ongoing monitoring and management of regular events and implications for GS Family Office (e.g., capital call monitoring, GRAT tracking, interest tracing)
- Quarterly and ad-hoc custom reporting (e.g., cash flow, balance sheets, tax projections, etc.)
- Develop philanthropic goals and implement related structures (e.g., DAF, private foundations)
- Coordinate and oversee the delivery of services for third party providers, including insurance, cyber & physical security, bill pay, domestic staff, real estate, private foundation administration and travel
- Supporting all client queries and coordinating across family office team
- Review and make insurance coverage recommendations across all aspects of the clients assets
- Preparing ad hoc analyses with detailed assumptions to forecast future liquidity needs
- Presentation of internal educational seminars to Private Wealth Management teams
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe; this role will be primary placed in San Francisco, CA but may cover clients across the United States
- Extensive experience working with clients in structuring multi-generational wealth and estate planning strategies
- Technical expertise in US tax legislation and tax implications of investment portfolios, estate planning entities, philanthropic entities, and other business activities, including impact of the Alternative Minimum Tax
- A strong background in advising with the implementation of asset protection techniques
- Experience in interfacing with Trustees, Accountants, and other advisors and professional bodies in respect to private clients wealth planning
- Well versed on insurance products and ability to summarize and make coverage recommendations
- Deep interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a team oriented environment
- Resourceful, energetic, attentive to detail and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience of presenting to internal and external audiences
- Ability to build consensus and facilitate decision-making among families
- Experienced in the management and coordination of outsourced family office services
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as an accountant, attorney or wealth professional
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA, CPA, CFA or JD highly preferred
- Series 7, 66 (must be obtained within first 3 months of employment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top