IMD, PWM, Equity Solutions Group - Financial Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
The Equity Solutions Group (ESG) within Private Wealth Management (PWM) is responsible for all equity-related offerings for PWM clients. ESG covers a wide scope, including capital market activities, brokerage ideas, tactical strategies, as well as discretionary solutions. ESG provides clients with thematic equity investment opportunities, single stock risk management expertise, a variety of implementation expertise across listed, securitized and over the counter derivatives, and unique discretionary strategy investment opportunities. ESG is currently seeking an associate to work as a member of the trading team. The candidate will also be involved in the ongoing infrastructure development for the team, which includes one-off projects as well as liaising with technology teams to appropriately specify requirements for the team on a go-forward basis.
The Equity Solutions Group partners with clients to identify investment objectives and implement differentiated equity strategies in order to tailor portfolios to meet both strategic and tactical goals, while maintaining a key risk management focus. The team covers a comprehensive array of platforms and focuses on customized solutions for our clients. In terms of discretionary platforms, the team specializes on 2 key platforms - an option writing strategy, GOAS (Goldman Option Advisory Service) as well as a structured index investment platform, Beta+. ESG also creates customized equity solutions to meet clients' risk/return goals and investment objectives.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Actively managing option portfolios alongside senior portfolio managers and traders
- Analyzing, implementing, and executing trades in equity options and shares
- Generating and implementing innovative thematic equity ideas and strategies
- Communicating updates of ongoing ESG strategies/recommendations
- Monitoring risks and producing analytics regularly for management
- Working on special projects streamline processes and improve technological infrastructure
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-5 years of capital markets experience; equity derivatives background a plus
- Background in trading and understanding of the equity market
- Computer programming skills; ability to code in any language preferred, but not required
- Strong excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team environment
- Independent thinker who is logical and analytical
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top