IMD, PWM, Business Development Professional (BDP), Associate - Beijing
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Are you a self-starter who likes to think outside the box? We are seeking Business Development Professionals who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and client service are essential to maintaining and growing our business.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops, and manages relationships with high-net-worth individuals, their families, family offices, and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services.
Our Business Development Professionals (BDP) will provide analytical, investment and client service support for existing clients while at the same time developing skills to participate in the team's new business generation under an apprenticeship model with current Private Wealth Advisors. The ongoing training and apprenticeship is designed to prepare our BDPs for a successful transition into our Private Wealth Advisor role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work closely with Private Wealth Advisors to support and implement wealth management strategies for PWM clients
- Develop and prepare marketing presentations for prospective clients
- Analyze investment portfolios for risk and return characteristics
- Execute portfolio rebalancing and trades
- Research internal and external investment vehicles for client asset allocation
- Provide client service and team support
- Source new prospective clients through cold outreach
- Serve as team's client relationship management system expert
- Participate in some of the team's prospective client meetings and follow up, as appropriate
- Manage new business team meetings and associated action items
- Relay GS Research and market views to Private Wealth Advisors, clients and prospective clients
- Liaise with various product groups within Investment Management to respond to client needs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Related financial services experience of 3-5 years
- Interest in pursuing a career as a Private Wealth Advisor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Strong interest in the financial markets and good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Ability to multi-task and work with a variety of partners across the firm
- Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in Mandarin because of the nature of the role
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and foster a strong network of relationships
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Relevant licensing certifications required; obtaining CFA Charter highly encouraged
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top