IMD, Private Wealth Management- Private Wealth Advisor - Chicago
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you a dynamic, quick-thinking self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for the financial markets and the desire to be a trusted advisor to ultra-high net worth clients? We are looking for professionals with strong interpersonal skills who have the ability to thrive in an environment where innovative thinking, grit and determination are essential to building a successful business.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities, by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Leverage your unique background and experiences to build a business within Goldman Sachs
- Work with a team to source and develop new business opportunities, as well as to support existing client relationships
- The New Private Wealth Advisor (NPWA) Development Framework allows new advisors to work as part of a team to gain a comprehensive level of general knowledge and to acquire specialized expertise within the team
- Attain the skills needed to build relationships with clients and prospective clients and develop a strong network of intermediaries
- Enhance your investment acumen through creating asset allocation strategies and holistic wealth advisory recommendations to clients
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Florida and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Record of academic and professional achievement
- Entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and foster a strong network of relationships
- Creative approach to problem solving and developing innovative solutions for clients
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, yet collaborative environment
- Demonstrated interest in financial, economic and global capital markets
- Strong client focus, business development and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and communication (oral and written) skills
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Prior sales, fundraising, business development or investing experience a plus, but not required
- Successful completion of Series 7, 63 and 3 exams required within three months of starting at the firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top