IMD, Private Wealth Management, Investment Strategy Group, Analyst/Associate, London
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
The role currently available is in the Tactical Asset Allocation team. The team focus on in-depth research and analysis of macroeconomic, policy and market trends to generate investment recommendations. The team seeks investment opportunities across global markets, asset classes and instruments. The analyst / associate will help shape the team's macroeconomic and policy views, and contribute to investment ideas in G10 fixed income and foreign exchange markets.
The Investment Strategy Group (ISG) sits within Private Wealth Management. ISG provides strategic and tactical asset allocation advice by employing fundamental, quantitative and technical analysis, as well as leveraging the full range of Goldman Sachs and external resources.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Analyse macroeconomic, policy, and market trends in developed economies
- Maintain and improve team datasets, monitoring tools, and econometric models
- Contribute to associated investment ideas
- Prepare materials for dissemination to PWM investment professionals and clients
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics or finance
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Office applications
- Working knowledge of statistics and econometric applications (Stata, EViews, Matlab, R)
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Reuters, Haver or other economic / financial databases is a plus
- Programming skills (Visual Basic, R, or Python) are a plus
- Commitment to excellence and orientation to detail
- Strong team playing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in European languages - especially German and French - is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top