IMD - MSG - Client Coverage - Analyst/Associate - London
Are you an entrepreneurial and innovative individual with an ability to think outside the box? This is a newly formed team within Private Wealth Management whose role is to help cover and service Family Offices across the full investment spectrum. Our role is to help deliver the firm to large Family Office clients through extensive cross divisional collaboration with our Investment Banking, Sales and Trading, Financing and Investing teams and also with Private Wealth Advisors. The team is also responsible for coordinating the distribution of private direct and capital market deal flow to the relevant PWM client base. The team is currently seeking an investment professional with experience in transactional deal flow, either from an advisory perspective or as a distribution channel. The professional will help the team to source, evaluate, and distribute private deal flow opportunities to clients as well as helping with broader Family Office client coverage.
As the key team responsible for cross divisional collaboration within Private Wealth Management, we are uniquely positioned to deliver the firm to our most sophisticated Family Office clients. From working with our sales and trading teams in Securities on large single stock positions, to sourcing co-investment opportunities with our on balance sheet investing teams, we aim to have an answer for all client needs. The team sits within the Markets Solutions Group which is responsible for all transactional business, public and private, within PWM. The broader team also develops and manages a range of separately managed accounts that provide customized solutions to construct strategic allocations, implement tactical views, and hedge portfolio risks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop your knowledge and understanding across asset classes in both public and private markets
- Build your Firmwide network to source differentiated deal flow from a wide variety of different internal teams including IBD, Sec Div, MBD & IMD
- Evaluate investment opportunities for clients and deliver to relevant clients
- Act as deal captain on certain situations and manage through diligence, committee and review processes internally
- Work closely with our New York and Hong Kong teams to ensure that we are globally coordinated on deal flow
- Start to build direct client coverage in conjunction with relationship managers
- Educate internal stakeholders on how to best leverage our cross divisional capabilities
- Help to proactively identify new revenue opportunities for the business
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Family Office clients are incredibly diverse in terms of structure, investment interests and needs. It is our responsibility to help to deliver the firm to our clients.
S KILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably with an Investment Banking / Private Equity / Sales & Trading / Research background with experience in executing public and private market transactions
- Ability to evaluate investment opportunities and assess relevance for our client base
- Problem solver who can think on their feet given that many of the situations we face occur for the first time
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders
- Proactive and keen to identify and implement new business opportunities
- Motivated team player who can contribute in a cohesive team environment
- Strong, demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong risk management mind-set with the ability to identify potential issues and propose thoughtful and appropriate solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top