IMD, Lead Portfolio Manager, VP, Fixed Income Alternatives
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally, with responsibility for over $700bn assets under management. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
GSAM FIXED INCOME
GSAM is a global leader among Fixed Income managers, with over $300 billion in assets under management and over 200 professionals located in New York, London, Singapore, Tokyo, Toronto and Sao Paulo. We have been managing Fixed Income assets for more than 20 years. Our investment philosophy and process are built around one core concept: empower experts in each sector of the market to deliver value. Our model is formulated on the belief that sector specialist teams have a vested interest in success. Each team operates independently, identifying the best trade ideas and implementing them directly into client portfolios. Portfolios are driven by diverse sources of alpha, including both top down and bottom up analysis. Risk management is integral to our process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate will have risk oversight and client related responsibilities for our fixed income relative value / macro hedge fund and related products. Along with supporting our CIO managing the fund, this person will be responsible for servicing and developing new business opportunities with global institutional clients and Goldman private wealth clients. The candidate will need to possess strong knowledge of global fixed income markets as well as knowledge of hedge funds. The candidate must possess the confidence to take responsibility and the initiative to develop the business.
- Business Development
- Presentations at conferences and investor forums
- Client presentations and NEW business pitches
- Consultant due diligence and review meetings
- Portfolio Management
- Detailed macro and micro oversight of portfolios managed
- Risk management and budgeting responsibilities for assigned portfolios
- Working knowledge of all key risk and themes being expressed across global fixed income markets
- Knowledge of performance attribution drivers
- Portfolio review presentations to clients and consultants
- Knowledge of key issues regarding hedge funds, leverage, and competitive landscape
Key Skills & Experience
- 5-15 years of experience in fixed income markets
- Preferable buy side fixed income portfolio management and risk management experience
- Experience at a hedge fund or working with hedge funds
- Interest in portfolio management with good understanding of portfolio diversification theory
- Proven analytical and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, well organized, and strong attention to detail
- Collaborative culture / "team-work" oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit - road warrior at times
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top