IMD, GSAM, GSIP Venture Capital and Growth Equity, Analyst
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Goldman Sachs Investment Partners (GSIP) Venture Capital & Growth Equity team has invested more than $6 billion in private opportunities globally since 2003. The team partners with entrepreneurs to build disruptive businesses and has invested in over 100 private transactions, including Uber, Facebook, Spotify, SMS Assist, Outcome Health, Pinterest, Delivery Hero, Ring, Baozun, and Compass. The team is located in New York, Hong Kong, and Mumbai and is part of Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be an active member of the investment diligence process
- Screen, analyze and help execute investments in the portfolio
- Perform industry/sector and company analysis, and company due diligence
- Conduct valuation analyses and company forecasting
- Meet with management teams, industry experts and internal GS groups to help source new ideas
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in investment banking, consulting, venture capital or private equity
- Strong quantitative and finance skills (with an emphasis on valuation and corporate finance skills), strong transactional experience, and an outstanding record of professional and academic achievement
- Passion for technology-enabled businesses disrupting the status quo
- Demonstrable interest in investing
- Motivated, hardworking team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top