IMD, GSAM, GS Investment Partners - Investment Associate, Special Situations
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
GS Investment Partners ("GSIP") is seeking an investment associate in New York to focus on special situations investments, including event equity and merger arbitrage. GSIP is a global, multi-disciplinary investment fund. The investment team is primarily composed of fundamental, bottom-up research driven investors and special situations investors. The group holds positions over the medium to long-term and seeks equity-like risk-rewards across the capital structure through a variety of financial instruments. The role is at the associate level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Conduct fundamental research on companies and sectors
- Carry out in-depth valuation work and analysis of risk-return opportunities in special situations
- Help in monitoring/hedging current special situation investments
- Contribute to idea generation in the special situations portfolio
- Develop relationships with sellside sales coverage, research analysts and corporate management teams to source investment ideas
- Investing mindset, ability to think independently about an investment, understanding of portfolio construction and hedging
- Strong knowledge of valuation and accounting
- Strong modeling/analytical skills
- Four years of experience preparing financial models and valuation analyses of public or private companies with a minimum of one year of experience in special situations investing on either the buyside or sellside; candidates with a background in credit special situations will also be considered
- Outstanding record of professional and academic achievement
- Solid interpersonal skills; motivated, hardworking team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top