IMD, GSAM, Global Third Party Distribution, Sales Management Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented analyst or associate to join our Third Party Distribution (TPD) Sales Management team. In this role, you will partner with various TPD businesses to provide analytical support regarding our distribution efforts inside key client firms, platforms, and other focus areas. In addition, you will support data quality initiatives by leveraging internal and external applications and databases, by partnering with GSAM businesses, Technology and external vendors to facilitate the use of complete and accurate sales data.
The Sales Management team is part of Goldman Sachs Asset Management's (GSAM) Third Party Distribution (TPD) Sales Channel. GSAM is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices. TPD is responsible for serving clients and driving sales via financial intermediaries, including banks, broker/dealers, independent financial advisors, Registered Investment Advisors, retirement platforms, insurance companies and asset managers. Product areas include mutual funds, separate accounts, exchange-traded funds and alternative investments. The Sales Management team closely collaborates with global TPD senior management to drive growth and profitability of the business by assisting with strategic initiatives, reporting, analysis, and business planning. The analyst or associate will support data quality initiatives by leveraging internal and external applications and databases. Additionally, the person in this role will partner with GSAM business, GSAM technology, and external vendors to facilitate the use of complete and accurate sales data.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Provide analytical and strategic support to senior management for the development and execution of business plans including sales, revenue and expense budgets
- Collaborate with salespeople and managers on data mining/analysis requests
- Create reports and models for analyzing sales and production via multiple facets, including product, client type and salesperson
- Track ongoing businesses in a real-time environment, including the review, maintenance and enrichment of investor level trade and balance data; and ensuring proper attribution of sales and assets for our sales force by resolving sales data inaccuracies and issues
- Identify and implement improvements to operational aspects (e.g., sales reporting and management workflow)
- Partake in varied ad-hoc projects as situations arise
- Exposure to other areas of IMD (including sales, marketing and product management) and firmwide areas (including Finance, HCM and Legal)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Interest in building a career in asset management
- Solid financial acumen
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation / comfortable collecting, analyzing and interpreting large databases or data sets
- Self-starter who is able to work efficiently and independently
- High sensitivity to confidential Information; has sound judgment and integrity
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with and build relationships with people from varied departments and levels of seniority
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top