IMD, GSAM, Global Third Party Distribution, Sales Management Analyst / Associate - Salt Lake City
We are seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented analyst or associate level candidate to join our Third Party Distribution Sales Management team in Salt Lake City. In this role, you will partner with various TPD businesses to provide analytical support regarding our distribution efforts inside key client firms, platforms, and other focus areas. In addition, you will support data quality initiatives by leveraging internal and external applications and databases, by partnering with GSAM businesses, Technology and external vendors to facilitate the use of complete and accurate sales data.
The Sales Management team is part of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Third Party Distribution (TPD) Sales Channel. GSAM is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Third Party Distribution (TPD) is responsible for serving clients and driving sales via financial intermediaries, including banks, broker/dealers, independent financial advisors, RIAs, retirement platforms, insurance companies and asset managers. The Sales Management team closely collaborates with global Third Party Distribution senior management to drive growth and profitability of the business by assisting with strategic initiatives, reporting, analysis, and business planning. The associate will support data quality initiatives by leveraging internal and external applications and databases. Additionally, the person in this role will partner with GSAM business, GSAM technology, and external vendors to facilitate the use of complete and accurate sales data.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Provide analytical and strategic support to senior management for the development and execution of business plans including sales, revenue and expense budgets
- Collaborate with salespeople and managers on data mining/analysis requests
- Create reports and models for analyzing sales and production via multiple facets, including product, client type and salesperson
- Track ongoing businesses in a real-time environment, including the review, maintenance and enrichment of investor level trade and balance data; and ensuring proper attribution of sales and assets for our sales force by resolving sales data inaccuracies and issues
- Identify and implement improvements to operational aspects (e.g., sales reporting and management workflow)
- Partake in varied ad-hoc projects as situations arise
- Exposure to other areas of IMD (including sales, marketing and product management) and firmwide areas (including Finance, HCM and Legal)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications• Interest in building a career in asset management
- Solid financial acumen
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation, comfortable collecting, analyzing and interpreting large databases or data sets
- Self-starter who is able to work efficiently and independently
- High sensitivity to confidential Information; has sound judgment and integrity
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from varied departments and levels of seniority
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top