IMD, GSAM, Global Portfolio Solutions, Client Analytics & Reporting Team, Analyst
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS) designs and develops multi-asset investment management solutions that are customized to meet our clients' unique objectives. These solutions offer a tailored menu of strategies and services, including markets expertise, asset allocation and risk management. GPS is a committed partner to corporate pensions, nonprofits, government institutions, sovereign wealth funds, and financial institutions, and currently manages over $109 billion in assets for a diverse group of clients globally. The team has been constructing and managing multi-asset class portfolios and is comprised of more than 130 professionals across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
The GPS Client Analytics and Reporting team is focused on developing and interpreting investment portfolio analytics which are utilized in Investment Committee meetings as well as external client materials. The GPS Client Analytics and Reporting team partners with distribution channels to help win and retain institutional and individual clients through marketing content and external branding, strategy updates, and performance reporting and interpretation. The team has a strong focus on developing analytics to provide a comprehensive content suite that strengthens and supports these branding and client relationship efforts. Specifically, the role focuses on producing client reports, analysis of client performance and risk, facilitating requests for marketing materials, data integrity validation, and strategic projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Performance Analytics- Understanding portfolio returns as compared to benchmarks
- Work with Strats team to build out digital strategy for client portal reviewing portfolio details and analytics
- Performance measurement - Assist in the timely creation and distribution of comprehensive institutional client reporting packages
- Technical skills - Working knowledge of various performance methodologies / analytics (i.e. attribution, benchmarking, tracking error, and risk decomposition)
- Project Management - Work closely with senior portfolio managers on various projects, including assisting with bespoke client requests and client review meetings
- Product Knowledge - Develop understanding of Global Portfolio Solutions portfolio implementation, asset allocation and tactical tilt solutions
- Performance measurement, risk analytics and multi-asset class product knowledge are a plus
- Investment diligence - Collaborate with internal business groups, internal operations teams, external managers and custodian banks to validate data integrity
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Performance measurement and multi-asset class product knowledge
- Interest in the financial services industry and desire to build knowledge of portfolio management and the markets
- Excellent communication skills (including writing, verbal, and presentation)
- Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to present and describe analytics to clients
- Highly organized; attention to detail and excellent follow-through required
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- CIPM and/or CFA certification or track a plus
- Familiarity with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top