IMD, GSAM, EMEA Insurance Asset Management, Associate, Frankfurt
Are you a motivated, quick-thinking, collaborative individual with a passion for asset management, looking for the opportunity to build and develop relationships with an existing client base and support a fast-paced team? We are seeking a driven professional with strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. Working alongside our European Insurance Asset Management client relationship management team, this individual will work closely with senior team members to manage, enhance and develop client relationships.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Insurance Asset Management team provides innovative insurance solutions for life, health, property and casualty and reinsurance companies. Sales teams are responsible for selling a broad spectrum of products across all asset classes, including hedge funds, private equity, real estate, fixed income and equities. In addition, sales teams collaborate with clients on topics including asset allocation, risk budgeting and asset / liability management. Globally focused, our insurance team manages general account insurance assets for clients across Europe, North America, Bermuda, Asia and the Middle East.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Associate will be responsible for generating new sales and maintaining relationships with insurance companies across Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for every individual region and client, which outlines selling opportunities, a service plan and specific deliverables
- Collaborate with Portfolio and Product Manager(s) to prepare and review materials for portfolio review meetings
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of work experience in asset management or capital markets
- Additional foreign language skills helpful (e.g., French, Italian, Swiss-German)
- Knowledge of, and passion for, the asset management business and capital markets
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Strong knowledge and appreciation for processes around operational nuances as well as portfolio management metrics
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build trust and confidence of colleagues, strengthen relationships through ongoing dialog and interactions, and collaborate well with others
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies, preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top