IMD, GSAM Credit Alternatives - Public Credit, Analyst/Associate
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management - Credit Alternatives ("GSCA") is looking to hire a talented Analyst to work within its Public Investing Credit Group. GSCA is an opportunistic credit platform within Goldman Sachs Asset Management with approximately $10 billion under management across various investment vehicles including registered funds, a renewable power fund, separate accounts, and a publicly traded specialty lending vehicle (GS BDC, Inc., a Business Development Company). The Public Investing Credit Group investment vehicles manage more than $2 billion of capital.
The Analyst will be an integral part of the GSCA investment team, with a focus on public fixed income products, including loans, bonds and CDS. The Analyst will be primarily responsible for analyzing credits in a number of industries, performing due diligence, modeling historical/projected company financial information, and preparing/delivering investment recommendations to the GSCA investment committee. The ideal Analyst will show substantial initiative and will be expected to contribute immediately as the team is looking to expand its investment capability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Screening for and identifying potential investment opportunities
- Analyzing potential investments via offering memorandum review, industry research, financial modeling, financial statement analysis, interaction with and assessment of management, use of consultants, and speaking with customers/suppliers, etc.
- Preparing and presenting deal screening memos on prospective investments and investment committee memos used for formal investment approval process
- Performing ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio companies and communicating updates to the investment team (orally and in writing)
- Conducting ongoing valuations of portfolio and comparable company securities
- 1-2 years of experience in public equity/credit analysis or a related discipline (investment banking, private equity/credit, management consulting, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interest in investing in different industries
- Well-rounded team player with energy and enthusiasm
- Good mathematical grounding
- Accounting knowledge and financial modeling aptitude (required)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top