IMD, GSAM - Asia Shareholder Services - Distribution Services (GS Liquidity Portal Specialist) - Hong Kong
Who We Are
Goldman Sachs Asset Management, part of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc, is one of the world's leading investment managers. With more than 2,000 professionals across 30 offices worldwide, GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries and geographies. Our investment solutions include fixed income, money markets, public equity, commodities, hedge funds, private equity and real estate.
As we conduct our business in increasingly complex markets, our people must continually find new ways to provide services and investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realise their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Business Unit Overview
The purpose of the Global Shareholder Services team is to provide World Class Client Servicing to Investors in the GSAM Offshore mutual funds and to assist the GSAM Sales force in their distribution effort. Shareholder Services is responsible for the on-boarding and on-going service of all investors in GSAM's mutual funds, globally; and the oversight of the Transfer Agent which is responsible for maintaining the investor records for the GSAM mutual funds. Shareholder Services provides these services to over 1,000 funds across a wide range of client types including Broker Dealers, Banks, Institutions and High Net Worth individuals. Shareholder Services has teams in Chicago, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong.
The Hong Kong based Asian Shareholder Services team focuses on providing high quality Client Service including helping to on-board investors, responding to investor inquiries/calls, defining reporting solutions to meet client needs and offering operational solutions that help investors maintain investments in our GSAM Offshore mutual funds. The team works very closely with the Sales force and across the other regional Shareholder Service teams in this role. The Asian based Shareholder Services team insures we can meet the local needs of our clients that are located in Asia, including in time zone on-boarding and in-language servicing. In this role, individuals will develop a strong understanding of how mutual funds operate; gain exposure to a wide range of fund structures including traditional funds, money market funds and alternative funds; and the diverse type of clients. Successful candidates will have experience in the region, a pro-active and self-initiated drive, aptitude for operational and technical tools, embrace teamwork, have strong communication skills and desire to provide solutions.
Important for this role is the ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin. The Asian based Offshore Shareholder Services team is located in Hong Kong.
As part of the Hong Kong based Shareholder Services team, this role specializes in the support of our GS Liquidity Portal and the back-office connectivity with Third Party Distributors in the region. The GS Liquidity Portal is a leading technology based service solution that allows clients to invest, manage and obtain reporting for their money market mutual fund accounts. It supports both Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) sponsored and non-GSAM sponsored funds. Individual will work closely with Sales, Service, Technology and Legal to facilitate the on-boarding of prospects/clients to this platform, coordinate integration with our clients' internal systems and advocate for improvements to the platform to better service the regional needs of clients. In this role the individual will interact with many of our client's and their back-office team to promote and enable this Platform and other automation to help enhance the overall client experience. The role requires strong technical aptitude (comfort), a consultative approach, a proactive and self-motivated attitude, strong communication skills, a thorough understanding of mutual fund Shareholder Servicing/Transfer Agent operations, and experience in selling/implementing technology and service solutions.
- Work alongside the Asia based GSAM Sales teams to offer a consultative service to our internal partners and Clients focusing on operational, technological and client service solutions within the mutual Fund space with a focus on Liquidity Products and the GS Liquidity Portal.
- Lead and coordinate with Client Service, Operations, Technology, Legal and Sales to identify and promote integration of trading, reporting and service solutions with clients and prospects
- Maintain expertise of client infrastructure and servicing needs, including but not limited to Corporate Treasury, Third Party Distribution platforms and technology/data vendors
- Capture competitive information on platforms and services offered in the industry to ensure GSAM maintains a leading position in client service
- Oversee relationships with industry clearing, trading and reporting platforms (e.g. Vestima+, FundSettle, etc.)
- Participate in industry forums as required
- +5 years' experience in the banking/asset management, preferably in either a client-facing or client service role within asset management
- Mandarin / Cantonese and English speaker required
- Asia Fund investment market knowledge an advantage
- Strong leadership, influencing and relationship building skills
- Commercially focussed
- High energy, self-starter, comfortable with both defining and executing strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both internally and externally
- Resourceful individual with strong intellectual curiosity and consultative approach to business
- Commercially focused and team-oriented
- Comfort and experience with technology for analysing, presenting and implementing solutions
- Achievement orientation and willingness to excel and succeed
- Good understanding of mutual funds and global fund distribution and their associated services, processes, and controls
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency function/workings
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top