IMD, GSAM - Asia Shareholder Services, Client Service Specialist, Analyst/Associate - Hong Kong
Who We Are
Goldman Sachs Asset Management, part of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc, is one of the world's leading investment managers. With more than 2,000 professionals across 30 offices worldwide, GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries and geographies. Our investment solutions include fixed income, money markets, public equity, commodities, hedge funds, private equity and real estate.
As we conduct our business in increasingly complex markets, our people must continually find new ways to provide services and investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realise their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Business Unit Overview
The purpose of the Global Shareholder Services team is to provide World Class Client Servicing to Investors in the GSAM Offshore mutual funds and to assist the GSAM Sales force in their distribution effort. Shareholder Services is responsible for the on-boarding and on-going service of all investors in GSAM's mutual funds, globally; and the oversight of the Transfer Agent which is responsible for maintaining the investor records for the GSAM mutual funds. Shareholder Services provides these services to over 1,000 funds across a wide range of client types including Broker Dealers, Banks, Institutions and High Net Worth individuals. Shareholder Services has teams in Chicago, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong.
The Hong Kong based Asian Shareholder Services team focuses on providing high quality Client Service including helping to on-board investors, responding to investor inquiries/calls, defining reporting solutions to meet client needs and offering operational solutions that help investors maintain investments in our GSAM Offshore mutual funds. The team works very closely with the Sales force and across the other regional Shareholder Service teams in this role. The Asian based Shareholder Services team insures we can meet the local needs of our clients that are located in Asia, including in time zone on-boarding and in-language servicing. In this role, individuals will develop a strong understanding of how mutual funds operate; gain exposure to a wide range of fund structures including traditional funds, money market funds and alternative funds; and the diverse type of clients. Successful candidates will have experience in the region, a pro-active and self-initiated drive, aptitude for operational and technical tools, embrace teamwork, have strong communication skills and desire to provide solutions. Important for this role is the ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin. The Asian based Offshore Shareholder Services team is located in Hong Kong.
The role of Client Service Specialist includes:
- Onboarding Investors including Anti Money Laundering checks
- Responding to investor inquiries and calls
- Defining reporting solutions to meet client needs and offering operational solutions that help investors maintain investments in our mutual funds.
- Working closely with the Sales force and across the other regional Shareholder Service teams in this role to ensure we meet the local needs of our clients
- Maintaining the fund rules and operational standards ensuring regulatory and company compliance standards are met.
- Researching and developing services solutions that meet the unique and common business requirements of the multiple client types within the Asia region.
- Pro-actively identifying enhancements that will improve the clients experience or risks unique within the region as it relates to helping clients within the region.
- Promoting controls and automation to help manage risk, advocate efficiency and help in the on-going service to clients.
Skills / Experience
Successful candidates will have experience in the region, a pro-active and self-initiated drive, aptitude for operational and technical tools, embrace teamwork, have strong communication skills and desire to provide solutions. Important for this role is the ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
- A minimum of two to five years business/financial industry experience in Asset Management and exposure to dealing in funds domiciled in different regions and currencies is important.
- Knowledge of Offshore Funds administration and Compliance standards an advantage
- College/university degree
- IMC or similar qualification required
- Client call and query handling skills
- Must have excellent communication skills - both written and oral - having the ability to explain intricate topics to colleagues and the business in such a manner that each can understand.
- Attention to detail but also have the ability to see the bigger picture and manage competing priorities
- Positive "can do" attitude. Will be expected to manage individuals and also assist in the "day-to-day" work.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with strong organizational skills
- Able to build strong relationship with business management, external vendors and internal clients alike
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top