IMD, GSAM, Americas Client Business – Global Consultants (Analyst)
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a highly motivated team player for an analyst role within US Institutional Distribution, which is part of our broader Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) business within our Investment Management Division (IMD). In this role, you will support the day-to-day needs of an Institutional sales team to win new business and retain existing assets.
GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. GSAM Institutional Distribution works to develop and execute thoughtful investment solutions for institutional clients across the globe. Our diverse institutional client base includes corporate and public pension funds, foundations and endowments, insurers, financial institutions and governments.
The Consultant Relations Team (CRT) collaborates with over 100 investment consultants around the globe, providing insights on our broad suite of investment solutions and access to our investment professionals. Investment consultants advise defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans for corporations, government organizations and unions, as well as not for profits. CRT is committed to partnering with the investment consultant community to inform their analysis of investment solutions on behalf of their clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support the Consultant Relations team's senior relationship managers in servicing key relationships with Investment Consultants, working with external manager research & field consultants; liaise with USI sales teams to best serve common clients
- Coordinate and join meetings between Investment Consultants and GSAM product teams
- Build and leverage consultant relationships for the benefit of GSAM Product & Sales teams
- Assist in developing team strategy through analysis of whitepapers and reports created by Investment Consultants, as well as internal notes, Salesforce data, and conversations with Senior Management, USI Sales teams and GSAM Product teams
- Assist with the development and presentation of information on consultant strategy; track & summarize progress with Investment Consultants, including product ratings and market trends in asset allocation and manager selection
- Coordinate strategy and trend information with Global Consultant Relations team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-3 years of work experience at an asset management firm or other financial services organization
- Basic knowledge of, and passion for, the asset management business and capital markets
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Ability to synthesize data and create presentations highlighting key findings
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build trust and confidence of colleagues, strengthen relationships through ongoing dialog and interactions, and collaborate well with others internally to meet client needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Series 7, 63 and 3 required, or obtained within 3 months of joining
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top