IMD, GSAM, Alternative Investments & Manager Selection, Analyst, Hong Kong
Are you passionate about the financial services industry? We're looking for a professional to join our AIMS team who wants to be a part of our Investment Management Division and use their skills and ideas to make an impact to the success of the business at Goldman Sachs.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
AIMS: Alternative Investments & Manager Selection
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, and traditional long-only managers. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 300 professionals across eight offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs' market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $150 billion.
Client Portfolio Solutions Analyst
The AIMS Client Portfolio Solutions team is responsible for managing client interactions across the AIMS investment businesses. These responsibilities include identifying and researching prospective investors, analyzing the role of alternative investments in a client's portfolio, and working with clients and the investment teams to develop unique solutions. Functionally, the Analyst/Associate role supports the team's client interactions through the development and production of marketing materials, analysis and review of client portfolios, collection and analysis of relevant market data, as well as participation in AIMS strategic initiatives. Client reporting responsibilities include data management and review, preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual client reports, including both quantitative and qualitative information such as performance, diversification, and portfolio holdings. The team works closely with other areas of AIMS and the broader firm including AIMS Risk Management & Analytics, Client Service teams, Fund Accounting/Controllers, Operations and Technology, Legal and Compliance.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assist with the creation, drafting and editing of product profiles, pitch books and other marketing materials focused on AIMS services, products and performance
- Preparation of custom presentations for prospective and existing clients related to investment performance, portfolio exposures, concentrations, diversification, etc.
- Coordination and creation of ongoing client deliverables as well as new business development activities such as completion of RFP/RFIs
- Manage communication and platform wide updates with internal sales and distribution channels (PWM, TPD, Institutional Sales) regarding AIMS managers and Funds
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from senior management and AIMS clients
- Actively assist in AIMS-wide initiatives and projects
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in capital markets, asset management, and understanding of traditional and alternative asset classes
- Strong organizational skills to oversee production of a high volume of quality work within tight timeframes, often including multiple simultaneous projects
- Attention to detail - proven experience of delivering high levels of accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of Excel, PowerPoint and Word and adaptability to other software products
- Candidate must be a team player and self-motivated and demonstrate a willingness to take on more responsibility
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top