IMD, GSAM, Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS), Strats, Analyst/Associate/VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisor's who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
The AIMS Quantitative Strategist (Strat) team is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to help apply next-generation techniques to the investment decision-making process. As part of the Strat team, you will collaborate closely with world-class Data Scientists, Quants, and Investors across the firm. The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides clients with investment and advisory solutions totaling more than $180bn across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies, and fixed income strategies. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices. As an AIMS Data Scientist, you will:
- Work in a nimble team of 15 Data Scientists and Strats with strong backgrounds in Math, Physics, Finance, and Computer Science
- Evaluate the use of advanced Machine Learning techniques in creating next-generation predictive models and decision-making algorithms, which will play a key role in the AIMS investment process. Such techniques may include Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, NLP, etc
- Collaborate with experienced Data Scientists, Quants, and Investors across the firm to continually innovate and share best practices
- Work closely with expert investors, risk management professionals, and client portfolio managers to gain a deep understanding of how each function plays a critical role in the AIMS investment process
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative subject (e.g. Math, Physics, Statistics, etc.) - Experience designing and implementing machine learning algorithms for decision-making - Proficiency with R or Python, and associated machine learning pack
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top