IMD, Global Portfolio Solutions – LPM Team, Analyst, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
GPS: GLOBAL PORTFOLIO SOLUTIONS
GPS is a multi-asset class investing group that sits within the Investment Management Division at Goldman Sachs. It designs and manages comprehensive investment solutions that are customized to address specific client objectives and constraints. These solutions bring together market-leading techniques for multi-asset portfolio design, management, and implementation and reflect proprietary research conducted by the GPS team.
With over 120 professionals across the globe, GPS invests or advises on over $100bn in assets across the world's leading corporations, sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices. GPS manages both customized multi-asset separate accounts as well as commingled multi-asset funds.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate would be supporting the Lead Portfolio Management team within the GPS team, responsible for the design and management of multi-asset class portfolios. This role is highly analytical, focusing on developing and constructing customized solutions for clients.
- Support the lead portfolio managers in the Partnerships team on current GPS client portfolios
- Develop portfolio recommendations including customized asset allocation and portfolio implementation for both clients and prospects
- Participate in client and client prospecting activities such as request for proposals, presentations, client material, portfolio reviews, reporting and analytics
Experience & Skills
- One to three years of investment management experience
- Quantitative analysis and skillset
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter able to work independently and thrive in a team environment
- Intelligent, creative, with good problem-solving abilities
- Client-focused mentality with ability to communicate complex ideas and strategies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong interest in the financial markets and a good investment and commercial awareness
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; Bloomberg or financial data systems knowledge preferred
- CFA preferred (including current participation in program)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top