IMD, AIMS, Real Estate Investment Team, Associate/VP
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies and fixed income strategies. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 200 professionals across eight offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs' market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $150 billion of alternative investments, public equity strategies and fixed income strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Source, conduct due diligence and evaluate real estate strategies and managers for consideration as part of discretionary investment vehicles and/or separate account mandates
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research around real estate strategy areas that would inform portfolio construction perspectives and asset allocation recommendations
- Present investment opportunities to the working group and Investment Committee through written and oral presentations, and conduct required follow-up
- Lead teams in coordinating the execution of commitments / investments across all deal types, including working closely with internal (e.g., internal counsel, compliance, cash management) and external parties (e.g., real estate managers, external counsel)
- Monitor the performance and risk profile of existing portfolio investments, liaising with managers as appropriate
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in Real Estate/Private Equity; direct experience in real estate manager selection preferred
- Thorough understanding of the real estate landscape across strategy types and manager opportunities
- Sound investment judgment and outstanding numerical, analytical and valuation skills for the purpose of understanding manager strategies and assessing investment opportunities
- Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills enabling the candidate to make robust recommendations to the Investment Committee and interact effectively with third parties
- Excellent time, people and project management skills
- Ability to lead and work effectively as part of a team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top