IBD Technology - Investment Banking Technology - IBD Cloud Engineering - VP
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
The IBD Engineering is responsible for development and support of systems used by the flagship Investment Banking Division to execute M&A and financing companies through debt and equity offerings such as Bond New Issuances and Initial Public Offerings (IPOs). These applications span all parts of the business flow - CRM, document management, deal origination, marketing, order entry by Sales (book building), electronic exchange of orders with other banks, allocation/pricing, trade booking, settlement & reporting. The team is currently based in New York, London and Bangalore, and work closely with business users globally in eliciting end-user requirements all the way through to analysis, design, implementation and rollout of new solutions. The team is closely aligned to the business unit it supports having considerable interaction with Front Office Bankers, CFOs, Syndicate Desk, sales professionals, middle-office and back-office Operations staff. The nature of the global business lends itself to high-profile transactions and visibility within the organization.
We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious "cloud" engineers, who are passionate about forming and implementing cutting-edge cloud solutions. Candidates should be hands-on & comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile & DevOps environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Partner with technology experts from across divisions to ensure an outstanding, useable, and unobtrusive experience for development teams building and deploying their applications into public cloud environments
• Help to define, communicate and promote strategy and best practices for public cloud application development across the division
• Develop software &, tooling to secure and automate cloud infrastructure building software delivery capabilities
• Design and operation of a Kubernetes environment for container management and orchestration
• Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Puppet and other tools
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and executives in a globally distributed team
• Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment
• Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions
• Lead a team of highly focused result oriented individuals in a fast paced global environment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate requirements into technical solutions
• Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
• Experience meeting demands for high availability and scale. Working experience of big data analytics using Spark/Flink is an added advantage
• Experience with version control, continuous integration, deployment, and configuration management tools in a DevOps environment
• Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
• Experience architecting, designing, and developing applications in an Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure cloud environment
• Proficiency in designing, developing, and testing software in one or more of Java or Python and open to using multiple languages
• Experience working complex production application environments preferably (Linux ), including system engineering, high availability design, performance analysis, network troubleshooting
• Knowledge of container technologies: Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with Serverless platforms (e.g. AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions)
• Experience using infrastructure as code (IAC) tools (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
• Experience working with SnowFlake cloud solutions is highly desirable
• Working experience of Data Modelling, Data Governance would be a strong plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top