IBD Technology - Financing Group Java Developer - London
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for exceptional people who:
- Are enthusiastic and willing to learn. Financing Group is growing and performing large scale upgrades of our existing application suite; we seek motivated and capable engineers to help us drive through this transformation.
- Bring proven technical expertise ready to take advantage of a variety of technologies to facilitate new application development as part of a global program.
- Are interested in a deep understanding of scalable enterprise system design, service orientated and microservice architecture.
- Are passionate about Test Driven Development and applying good test practices and different types of testing to promote rapid, reliable and resilient application development.
- Welcome stretching challenges. Your technical expertise will be coupled with superior soft skills enabling you to partner with our business users directly, translating their needs into innovative technical solutions.
- Are independent thinkers and motivated by having complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment. We look to improve in everything that we do and welcome and reward individuals who contribute to that vision.
- Are ready to contribute to analysis, design and review of software solutions, and understand how our teams fit into the wider technical strategy, and how to bring that strategy to bear on the work we do.
- 3-7 years development experience having a successful track-record of delivering applications
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong core Java skills
- Hands-on experience with or knowledge of RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Drop Wizard
- Exposure to Sybase or other relational database, alongside SQL
- Ability to excel in a global team with a disciplined approach to software development and focus on automated testing
- Experience using Agile methodologies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top