IBD Technology - Financing Group - Java Developer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• The individual in this role would be responsible for the following functions
• Build out applications to manage IBD Deal Workflows including but not limited to Book Building, Pricing, Demand Management workflows
• The role requires collaboration with the other technology teams to ensure we are working with the latest technology stack
• This role requires close collaboration with the ECM and DCM Financing Group desks
• The candidate will work through the software development lifecycle on a range of projects mentioned above using various technologies including Java, AngularJS, SQL, Sybase etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3-5 years relevant technical experience as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications
• Experience in AngularJS/React and Java
• Object-oriented analysis and design skills. Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions
• Experience in test driven development
• Recent hands-on experience with AngularJS/React, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Drop Wizard in a test-driven environment
• Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team
• Using Agile methodolgies
• Automated testing
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top