IBD Technology - Developer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
What we do:
Investment Banking Engineering creates and maintains proprietary technology for the Investment Banking division at Goldman Sachs. The applications we deliver support all aspects of advisory deal origination and execution. This includes client targeting, ideas generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book building, fund management and revenue reporting.
We are looking for exceptional people who:
• Bring proven technical expertise ready to take advantage of a variety of technologies to facilitate new application development as part of a global program.
• Are enthusiastic and willing to learn. IBD Engineering is growing and performing large scale upgrades of our existing application suite; we seek motivated and capable engineers to help us drive through this transformation.
• Are interested in a deep understanding of scalable enterprise system design and micro services architecture.
• Are passionate about Test Driven Development and applying good test practices and different types of testing to promote rapid, reliable and resilient application development.
• Welcome challenges. Your technical expertise will be coupled with superior soft skills, enabling you to partner with our business users directly to translate their needs into innovative technical solutions.
• Are independent thinkers and motivated by having complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment.
• Are ready to contribute to analysis, design and review of software solutions, understanding how our teams fit into the wider technical strategy and how to bring that strategy to bear on the work we do.
• 3+ years development experience having a successful track-record of delivering quality code
• Recent hands-on experience with Java 8, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Spring, Hibernate, ReactJS/AngularJS (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment
• Exposure to Sybase (or other relational databases) alongside SQL
• Experience with building and maintaining a micro-service based distributed architecture
• Experience in implementing automated tests through test driven development
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to excel in a global team
• Experience using Agile methodologies
• Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns
• Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design, Develop and maintain large-scale Windows Enterprise Monitoring platform
• Use open-source system/application frameworks to implement comprehensive monitoring capabilities for the firm's Windows plant (User desktops, Virtual Desktops and Server infrastructure)
• Follow best practices throughout the project lifecycle
• Participate in team-wide design and code reviews
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 3+ years' experience using C# Programming Language (.NET Framework)
• Proficiency in Windows Operating System C# libraries
• Knowledge of Windows Service-Layer applications
• Knowledge/Experience in Automated Testing (NUnit, etc)
• Experiencing in building applications that integrates to external services via WCF, SOA services via SOAP/XML, REST/JSON
• Experience with working with MongoDB and ElasticSearch
• Working knowledge of using Gradle, Maven, SVN, JIRA
• Strong communication skills with a track record of working and collaborating with global teams
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a highly collaborative and globally dispersed team
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to break down and communicate complex issues, ideas and solutions
• Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC
• Working knowledge of enterprise database systems (MSSQL, Sybase or DB2)
• Programming in Perl, Python and Powershell script.
• Good knowledge of Windows OS (internals) concepts
• Experience in test automation and Windows remote debugging
• Experience with various messaging systems, such as TIBCO EMS, Kafka or RabbitMQ
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top