IBD Technology - Deal Life Cycle Snr Developer - London
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
What engineering solutions do we build?
IBD Engineering creates and maintains engineering solutions for the Investment Banking division. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business. The applications we deliver support all aspects of advisory deal origination and execution. This includes client targeting, ideas generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book building, fund management and revenue reporting.
Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Your Accountability & Impact
- You will work with the business to Transform/Digitise/Automate end-to-end investment banking deal-related activities across different product lines - Equity/M&A/Debt, working collaboratively with other global technology teams across the firm.
- You will leverage Agile methodologies and be responsible for product delivery ensuring quality and meeting timelines
- You will lead by example and therefore, you will be expected to spend at least 60% of your time as a developer
- You are responsible to ensure your team efficiently uses the current technology stack that includes React, Node.js, AngularJS, Typescript, Java, Mongo DB, SQL Server, Sybase etc. on Microservices architectures. We value code reviews, TDD, metrics, Quality is paramount!
- You will be responsible for coaching the team on the technologies mentioned above and any others which are incorporated along the way
- Ideally, you love to learn! We provide free access to various learning platforms such as PluralSight, Safari Books etc. to enable you to grow into better engineers .
- We encourage candidates to bring new ideas and technologies to enhance the current state of the art. For e.g. reactive/event-based architectures, domain modelling, automated code generation techniques.
- Our goal is to foster innovation to find new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions through Big Data Analytics, Machine learning, Blockchain etc. We want you to be influential!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years relevant technical experience as a developer having a successful track-record of delivering applications
- 2+ years Tech Lead experience using Agile
- Object-oriented/functional programming skills. Ability to use these to understand business requirements and build sound solutions
- Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team
- Automated testing
- Microservices architectures
- Big Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top